The staff at St Stephen's Hospital greatly value the contribution and dedication of our volunteers.
One of our primary connections to the community is through our wonderful volunteers. Over 80 extraordinary ordinary people give their time and skills to help us support our patients, their families and our staff.
Our volunteers come from varied backgrounds with many life experiences and skills; they range from retirees to students. They carry out various tasks, including:
- Transporting family of patients to and from Hervey Bay via the Family Transport Service
- Accompanying patients to their ward or clinic
- Providing pastoral and spiritual care
- Providing information and directions to patients and visitors to the hospital
- Providing administrative assistance such as mail outs, preparation of patient charts, laminating, collating and photocopying
- Participating in fundraising activities through our Hospital Auxiliary
- Providing a book and magazine service to patients and delivering flowers to patients
- Assisting in the Day Surgery Units, providing refreshments to our patients post-operatively
- Spend time one-on-one with patients
Would you like to join our team?
To discuss opportunities available for you and to join our energetic and friendly team, please contact us on:
P: 07 4120 6117