Dr Quan Tran BS, MS, MBBS, Pal Care dip, FRACP
St Stephen's Hospital
1 Medical Place
|BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER
07 4120 1353
07 4124 5854
Located on St Stephen's Hospital Campus
- Dr Quan Tran is a medical oncologist who treats all areas of general oncology but has a special interest in genitourinary, gastrointestinal, and breast malignancies and palliative care.
Quan obtained his medical degree from the University of Queensland and completed his medical oncology training in Queensland. Following admission to the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) as a medical oncologist, Quan completed a clinical research fellowship at the prestigious Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in Melbourne Australia. The fellowship was focused within the genitourinary, gynaecological, and head and neck tumour streams and provided experience with early drug development (phase 1) and phase 3 clinical trials.
Quan has completed a Clinical Diploma in Palliative Medicine to develop further expertise in symptom management. He considers that optimisation of quality of life is a top priority for his patients.
Quan also has a particular interest in exercise oncology. He has completed a Bachelor's degree in human movements with distinctions and a Master's of Science degree in exercise physiology. Quan wishes to combine his areas of expertise and his research goals are to indentify barriers to exercise in cancer survivors and to facilitate the integration of exercise as a standard component of cancer treatment.
Quan is an associate lecturer at the University of Queensland and a member of the following societies;
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Australasian Lung Cancer Trials Group (ALTG)
- Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trials Group (AGITG)
- Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate Cancer Trials Group (ANZUP)
Dr Tran consults at the Sara Stella Specialist Suites at St Stephen’s Hospital in Hervey Bay. Referrals for Dr Tran can be forwarded via Medical Objects (St Stephens as the Provider name) or facsimile 07 4124 5854.