- What is the process for applying?
Please refer to the student policy, which is emailed on completion of the enquiry.
- When am I able to attend for a placement?
We need specifics so we can tailor a placement to suit your individual requirements. We like to know exact dates you require at least 12 weeks prior to the commencement of your placement and your top 3 preferences of disciplines (in case the first one isn’t available).
- How much does a placement cost?
$165 enquiry fee. $1045 application fee (GST inclusive) for placements up to 8 weeks in duration. Extra weeks cost $110 per week for up to 12 weeks. For placements exceeding 12 weeks duration, fees due and payable will be at the discretion of the Head School.
- If I pay my fees and then I decide to cancel because I found a placement elsewhere, am I entitled to a refund?
No. Both the enquiry fee and the application fee are non-refundable. In most cases you would pay the enquiry fee only to start with and the application fee becomes payable only once we have secured a placement for you and the process of paperwork commences.
- What insurances do I require?
Public liability of $20,000,000. We recommend MediProtect. You can use your own insurer as long as you are covered for the same amount and a Certificate of Insurance to that effect is provided to us.
Medical Indemnity of $20,000,000. This insurance can be taken out by students and is free of charge through MIPS.
Third Party Insurance is provided for you by UnitingCare Health.
- Are any registrations required?
Yes! Students must be registered with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation). Once the electives coordinator has your details they will apply for this on your behalf.
- What is a Blue Card and do I need a one?
A Blue Card is a type of working with children check. You do need one of these. Once the electives coordinator has your details they will apply for this on your behalf.
- How much notice do I need to give you ahead of my placement?
We need to know if you intend on applying at least 3 months prior to your preferred start date. This gives us time to apply for your appropriate registrations and Blue Card and also gives you enough time to sort out your insurances and flights etc. if applicable.
- I am an international student coming for a placement with you. Which type of visa will I be required to obtain?
Your visa is your responsibility. We have no affiliation with the Australian Department of Immigration or Home Affairs who are responsible for issuing visas. This kind of information may be found at the Home Affairs website.
- Do you have any accommodation onsite for me for the duration of my placement?Unfortunately at this stage none of our campuses offer any onsite accommodation. The Wesley Hospital campus is approximately a 5 minute drive from the Brisbane CBD where there are numerous accommodation options. There is an apartment complex directly across the road from the Clinical School that can offer short term accommodation.
Please contact us and we would be pleased to provide you with some information to help you organise your accommodation.