Volunteer and change lives. Yours included
Connect with the local community, meet new friends and use your skills and life experience to make a meaningful difference when you volunteer at St Stephen’s Hospital. We value your contribution and have a range of roles with flexible hours and full training to support you, as you help to change lives – yours included.
Hospital volunteer opportunities
Our energetic and friendly team of volunteers come from varied backgrounds and support all areas of the hospital. From transport to ward and reception support, you can make a real impact in the lives of our patients, their families and our staff.
There are many hospital volunteer roles, including:
- Transporting patients’ families to and from Hervey Bay via the Family Transport Service.
- Accompanying patients to their ward or clinic.
- Providing pastoral and spiritual care.
- Providing information and directions for patients and visitors to the hospital.
- Providing administrative assistance, such as mail-outs, preparation of patient charts, laminating, collating and photocopying.
- Providing a book and magazine service for patients and delivering flowers to patients.
- Assisting in the Day Surgery Units, providing refreshments for our patients post-operatively.
- Spending one-on-one time with patients.
Finding the right role for you is important to us – we will discuss your needs with you and aim to match your skills and experience with the requirements of available vacancies.
We also offer:
- Free parking, uniforms and a light meal.
- Professional and personal support from our dedicated team of co-ordinators.
- Awards and certificates that recognise your contribution.
If you would like to play an active part in your community, consider hospital volunteering and sign up today!
Sign up to volunteer
If you have any further queries, please call our welcoming volunteer team on 07 4120 6138, or complete the form below: