Your Arrival at Hospital for Admission
Arrival at the designated time via the main hospital entrance is important so that your admission can be processed quickly. You will be required to:
- Review all the admission information provided to the hospital.
- Pay for all known out-of-pocket expenses (including quotes for self insured patients) – payment may be by credit card, cash, EFTPOS (daily limits may apply) or bank cheque.
- Sign the following information as required by health funds or other legislative bodies.
- Health Fund Claim form
- Informed Financial Consent (amount you will be required to pay the hospital, if applicable)
- Acknowledgement of the Hospital Property and Valuables Policy, your Rights and Responsibilities as a patient in the hospital and Consent for the Use of your Personal Information by the hospital
You will then be directed to the relevant clinical area for completion of the admission process. The waiting time prior to being taken to the Operating Theatre will be used to ensure that you are adequately prepared for your surgery.
For children under 14 years old, one parent is encouraged to accompany the child to the operating room and stay with them overnight.
A private room may not be available as these are prioritised for seriously ill patients and those with special needs.
Day patients: please ensure you are accompanied by only one relative or friend.