Our Medical Advisory Committee's work is fundamental to the provision of safe, high quality health care services at St Stephen's Hospital.
As part of UnitingCare and St Stephen’s Hospital’s Clinical Governance Framework, doctors across all major specialty groups formally meet on a quarterly basis to review the clinical outcomes of the hospital.
This committee critically analyses clinical results, benchmarks against other healthcare organisations, reviews clinical practice and advises the hospital with respect to improving patient outcomes.
The Director of Clinical Services is also included in this committee membership to ensure that an interdisciplinary clinical approach to review is undertaken. The hospital’s General Manager also attends each meeting.
Membership of St Stephen’s Hospital’s Medical Advisory Committee includes:
- Dr Navi Bali, Orthopaedics - Chair
- Dr Harendra Wijesekera, Cardiology
- Dr Paul du Toit, Rehabilitation
- Dr Nicholas Yim, General Practice
- Dr Mikhail Mastakov, Bariatric and General Surgery
- Dr Mark Marshall, Anaesthetics
- Dr Timothy Keys, Dentistry
- Dr Dolly Mittal, Oncology
- Peter Wood, General Manager
- Kathleen Thorpe, Director of Clinical Services
Any enquiries for this committee may be directed via the Medical Advisory Secretariat on telephone 07 4120 1315.