Patient Transport Service
The transport service for patients and visitors operates from the Maryborough Medical Centre to the hospital in Hervey Bay. This is a free service which will run three times per day, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
For patient safety, patients who have undergone a general anaesthetic and are travelling alone will not be eligible for the return portion.
Bookings are essential. To make a booking, please call the Maryborough Medical Centre on 4123 8500.
The timetable is:
- Depart Hervey Bay: 8.30am, 10.30am and 1.30pm
- Depart Maryborough: 9.00am, 12.00pm and 3.00pm
UnitingCare Health Pharmacy
The dedicated team of the UnitingCare Health Pharmacy are committed to bringing professional high-quality medication related services to the patients, families, visitors and staff of St Stephen’s Hospital, Hervey Bay. Our friendly and experienced hospital pharmacists and pharmacy technicians provide comprehensive services to clinical ward areas and operating theatres.
These services include:
- Timely and safe supply of inpatient and discharge medications
- Clinical review of medications to optimise the safety and efficacy of medication use
- Education, information and support about your prescribed medications
- Support for up-to-date and high quality medication-related decisions through medication advice and information
- Individualised re-packaging of tablets, capsules and injections to enable the use of the safest methods of medication administration for hospital inpatients
Our pharmacy department, located on the ground floor in The Sara Stellar Medical Centre, also offers a small retail shop where you can choose from a range of over the counter medications, vitamins and complementary medications, gifts and toiletries, have a prescription dispensed or treat your sniffly nose!
The pharmacy is open to public during the following times:
Monday-Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Saturdays and Public Holidays: 9am - 12pm